The Printing Industry Creativity Awards set the benchmark for excellence in print in Australia, with the achievement of a Gold Medal a confirmation of achievement to the highest national – and, international – standards, and the ultimate accolade the industry can bestow.
With the help of member feedback from previous years a major revision of the printing awards categories has taken place. Combined with PVCA board oversight and international judging panel insight the competition for gold will be strong.
View the categories below, full descriptions can be found at www.printingawards.com.au – ENTER NOW!
- Media Super Young Executive of the Year Award – Recognises and rewards exceptional employees who show exemplary promise as future leader in the print, packaging and visual communications sector
- Future Now – Workplace Environment Award
- Creative Sustainability Award – Free to all SGP members. Your creative green business initiative
- Exceptional Women in Print – Recognises women that stand out in a male dominated industry
- Media Super Lifetime Achievement Award – Printing Industry Award to a long service outstanding contributor to the industry
- Judges Award – From the wide collection of entries received the judges select one (1) special award winner
- International Judges Book Prize – The second annual international judges book prize will be awarded to one special book (any format)
- 123 Print! – Any printed document or packaging item which is produced by a one, two or three colour process. Any print process. Embellishments are not counted as a colour
- Printer of the Year – Offset
- Printer of the Year – Digital
- Book Printing – Offset – Any binding
- Book Printing – Digital – Any binding
- Leaflets/Flyers/Brochures – Offset – Up to 20 pages. Any more pages would qualify the piece as a catalogue or magazine
- Leaflets/Flyers/Brochures – Digital – Up to 20 pages. Any more pages would qualify the piece as a catalogue or magazine
- Booklets/Catalogues/Magazines – Offset
- Booklets/Catalogues/Magazines – Digital
- Specialty Printing – Printers applying new innovative and current technologies in unique ways. May include but is not limited to promotional printing, 3D printing, letterpress, architectural printing, glass printing, screen printing, laser etching or textile printing. Any number of colours, any substrate and any printing method.
- Commercial Printing – Any piece printed for commercial purposes. Newspapers, direct mail, point of sale etc.
- Stationery Printing – Any stationery item (letterheads, business cards, envelopes, calendars etc.)
Finishing & Labelling
- Embellishment – Any number of passes or any material including embossing, debossing, die or forme cutting and any other enhancement. Includes foil stamp, coating raised and Hi build
- Printer of the Year – Labelling – Flat sheet or rolls. Any method, any number of colours
- Self-Promotion – Entries must promote the company that is part of the printing or design industries
- Printer of the Year – Large Format – Printed on any substrate, any printing method. Includes pull up banners, indoor visual, building banners, bus shelter signage, real estate signage etc.
- Printer of the Year – Packaging – Any package of a 3-dimensional structure and forming in any substrates and printing methods. Should not be a product label, swing tag or wrapping.
- Limited Edition Piece – May include any item that is produced in numbered limited quantities. Any printing method – Less than 500 copies
- Regional Printer of the Year – Up to 12 Employees – The submitted piece must be reasonably done “in house”. Some outside work is acceptable e.g. perfect binding or emboss (must be declared)
- Regional Printer of the Year – Over 12 Employees – The submitted piece must be reasonably done “in house”. Some outside work is acceptable e.g. perfect binding or emboss (must be declared)
- Design2Print! – Open to any currently enrolled design student. Rewards exemplary design that has gone to print
- Branding & Identity – Corporate, retail, hospitality, fashion etc.
- Multi Piece Promotions and Campaigns – Production of three or more items of a consistent theme for the same client, which may include multi-channel digital campaigns
- Designer of the Year